FAMILY FAITH FORMATION & YOUTH MINISTRY
Family Faith Formation
and equip parents to fulfill their God-given duty and privilege of educating
their children in the Catholic Faith thereby strengthening families to foster
learning of the joy and truths of their Catholic Faith in Jesus through the
witness given by their parents.
Family Faith Formation meets weekly on Sunday mornings at 10:00 a.m. at St. Mary of the Woods in the basement. Students in grades 1 through 3 will report report to their classroom with their parent(s) and with others in their grade and work together through the lesson for the week.
Grades 4 and 5 will meet together with catechists, parents need not attend with these grades.
Preparation process will be in full compliance with the Diocesan requirements
of having three years of preparation prior to eligibility to receive the
Sacraments. These classes will take place for during the weekly meetings for a period of 6 weeks. Each year will cover the following
Sacraments, one year for each Sacrament and they are Baptism, Confirmation, and
the Eucharist. Students will be eligible to receive the Sacrament of
Reconciliation in their second year and Confirmation and First Holy Communion
after the third year upon satisfactorily completing each of the previous years.
Below are a few of the things you can expect from our Youth Ministry:
- - sessions on peer pressure, drug awareness and response, romance and relationships
- - lock-in, multiple reterat opportunities, youth rally, Avalanche Bay
- - marriage, religous life, family issues
- - YouCat youth catechism, connecting faith to everyday life
- - peer mentoring training, youth council, Christian Leadership Institute
- - community outreach through social events, service opportunites, website
- - volunteer with local agencies, Just Works, KAIR
- - how to plan Masses, participate in parish prayer opportunities, youth choir
Join us for weekly meetings on Sundays from October - May from 12:30 to 2:00 p.m. at St. Mary of the Woods Kalkaska. Grades 6-12.
Our weekly meetings start the first Sunday of October at 12:30 p.m. in the Youth Room at St. Mary of the Woods